Careers – Work Here
Designotype is looking for a full-time (print production) manager with a keen attention to detail to plan, direct and oversee the operations, employees and fiscal health of Designotype Printers. Duties will include production on various output devices and performing or assigning duties in the absence of personnel to ensure deadlines are met in a cost-effective manner.
Project management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline driven environment. Decision making, planning and financial skills with a commitment to customer satisfaction.
The ability to:
- work under the pressure of tight deadlines and multiple changing priorities
- multi-task, prioritize and use time effectively
- take the initiative as a problem solver
- delegate assignments, give and receive instruction/ direction
- speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- listen attentively
- share knowledge, train others on procedures, solutions, new programs, best practices
- be motivated and work independently, assuming full ownership of the position
- walk and stand for the better part of the day; lift 50lbs
- valid drivers license
- good presence and personality
- regular and reliable attendance
- ensure that we have sufficient supplies and equipment for daily operations
- communicate with outside vendors to understand requirements and limitations
- identify areas in need of process improvement
- maintain a clean and safe work environment
- conduct and maintain inventory
- review equipment maintenance and preventative measures
- devise continuous ways to create new revenue
- review and evaluate monthly operational statements and production and inventory reports
- be motivated to bring in new business
Experience in a printing environment a plus. Computer programs include Word, Publisher, Excel, Photoshop, InDesign, Quark, Acrobat and several specialized printing programs.
Work should be challenging, rewarding, and fun. That’s what we believe anyway. If you agree, we’d love to have you join our team. We’re always on the lookout for talented, creative, and motivated people who are interested in helping customers and building a successful brand.
We provide a pleasant, supportive atmosphere and culture that encourages each co-worker to develop their individual potential to the fullest. We continually seek out those with extraordinary skills, attitudes, and work ethic. We offer a proven track record of success in a fun, friendly workplace. Our product—printing—is an essential element to the success of almost every business.
You can live and work in “God’s Country” – Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
Email your resume and cover letter to Margaret@designotype.com or stop in to fill out an application.